Prepositions, Fall Poetry, and Anchor Charts

Monday, November 8, 2021

 We've been busy in first grade and I thought I would share some stuff we've been working on.


Our focus sentence this week was:  "I use prepositions to explain where things are." 

I used the book "Rosie's Walk" by Pat Hutchins to introduce prepositions.


We made this anchor chart and I got the idea here - Firstieland.  Thank goodness for Pinterest y'all!  Pinterest saves me so much time.


Students completed their own sentences using prepositions that tell where.






We also wrote a poem about fall.
We listened to the book "Goodbye Summer Hello Autumn" by Kenard Pak on youtube at this link:   Goodbye Summer Hello Autumn

After brainstorming some things we say goodbye to in the summer and hello to in the fall, students wrote their poem using the template I downloaded from First Grade Garden.






Here are some random anchor charts we've made the last few weeks.  Once again, I'm thankful for Pinterest and other teacher's creativity.




Happy teaching friends!




No comments