Zebras, Leopards and Gingerbread Graph

Monday, December 10, 2012
We've been busy learning about zebras and leopards this past week.  It goes along with our story for the week - "How Leopard Got His Spots." 

We wrote about zebras:




We did a Venn diagram comparing leopards and zebras and then the students had to use their Venn diagram to write a sentence telling how zebras and leopards are the same and how they are different:

Here is one of my kiddos doing the "Spin a Character" center that you can grab for yourself for free by clicking on the picture below:
 
We did get in one or two Christmas activities as well.  I read several versions of "The Gingerbread Man" and we did several activites with that.  One of the favorite activities was the gingerbread/snowman marshmallow graph:
 
If you are interested in doing this with your kids, then you need these two packages of marshmallows:

 
 and then you need to grab yourself a copy of the graph by clicking on the picture below.
 
 






2 comments

  1. Hi Dawn! I am your newest follower! What a cute blog! I love the zebra craft with writing! (I am crazy about zebra print!) Did you make the template or purchase it? Thanks!
    I am new to blogging so I would love for you to stop by my blog too!
    Kim
    TheVeryBusyFirstGraders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! Thanks for following. I made the template and have it for sale in my packet: Journeys Literacy Activities - How Leopard Got His Spots.

      Delete