Plants

Saturday, April 20, 2013
Okay ya'll, I so stole this idea from my compadre, Tammy Riggan, and I just had to share.  (btw, she did give me permission to post about this)   Grass seed is planted in the cups and these little critters will soon be sporting some green hair.  The picture is from 4 of her firsties but I stole the idea and did it with my class too.   
 
I made this anchor chart to go with our learning for the week:
 
We also wrote cinquain poems about plants.  I got this idea from Cara Carroll at the First Grade Parade.  You can visit her post Here to grab yourself a copy of the cinquain poem freebies.


 
The flower patterns that I used with my class I also stole borrowed from Tammy Riggan and she has graciously allowed me to share them with you as a freebie. 
The links are under the pictures of the 3 flowers.
 
Flower 1 (students need to trace 4)
Flower 2 (students need to trace 2)
 
Happy Teaching!
 

No comments