Working in the classroom

Sunday, August 17, 2014
Our official first day of school with the students is August 25.  Faculty goes back tomorrow (*SIGH*) with meetings all week and "Meet the Teacher" on Thursday.

I have been working on and off in the classroom for the past two weeks. We've had to come up with some storage ideas since we will be team teaching this year.  My team teacher, Tammy Riggan, came up with this crate idea for storing our books.
I put 4 desks in a little pod.  My morning class will get one color crate and my afternoon class will get the other color crate.  To manage kids all trying to get books at once, I put a colored dot on each desk (blue, green, yellow, red) and each day a different color will be in charge of passing out books.  


As you can see in the next picture, the books are heavy and causing the crates to bow in the middle, so I will be turning these horizontal so they can sit on the floor.

I used zip ties to attach the crates.

My sweet friend, Tammy, got creative this summer and made all the first grade teachers a super cute name hanger for our doors.  How cute is this?


For all my teacher friends out there:
picture source:  Aesthetic Outburst Blog

No comments