Christmas Ornaments

Wednesday, December 20, 2017
I am on a much needed Christmas break!  We got out for break on Friday at 1:00.  I was home and piled up under a blanket with Netflix by 1:45 and didn't budge much until Sunday morning. 

I wanted to share with you the Christmas ornaments my students made.  These were super easy to make.


I got this idea from Just a Primary Girl.  She has a few more options that she did with her students. I wanted to make this as simple as I could so my students all did the reindeer.  I purchased one tile sheet for under $3 at Home Depot and a $1 roll of ribbon at the Dollar Store.  I already had the paint and markers.  Cheap and easy - you can't beat that!  FYI:  It works much better if you use a paintbrush to paint your student's thumbs before they put their thumbprint on the tile.


We also made these adorable silhouette ornaments using PowerPoint.
Last year, we made Mother's Day gifts using this idea from Lidia at Kinder Alphabet.   We used this same idea to make our Christmas ornaments.  Lidia has a great tutorial to help you and once you do one, you will zip through the rest. 

My friend and coworker, Amanda, found the ornament pattern online that she inserted into PowerPoint. The ornament pattern can be found at ClipartPal.

Amanda offered to make all of my ornaments for me.  All I had to do was take my student's pictures with an Ipad and then email them to her.  She did all the magic on PowerPoint and printed them out.  I then had to laminate, cut out and add the ribbon. 

If you look the finished ornament,  you can see that I decided to cut the top off the ornament pattern  and then put the ribbon on.  You could easily make this same pattern in PowerPoint with a circle and rectangle in any color you want.

I love my team y'all.  There are four of us and I can't imagine doing first grade without their friendship and support.  Tammy has decided to retire and while I am extremely happy for her, I will miss her terribly.  She has been such a blessing!  I wish her nothing but happiness and peace in her new adventures!  Love you Tammy!
  Pictured from left to right:  Tammy, Amanda, Rikki, and me.


Y'all!  I love the new look of my blog and I hope you do to.  I want to give a shout out to Laura at Albemarle PR for doing such a wonderful job.  If you are wanting a new look for your blog, I highly recommend her!

Happy Teaching!

2 comments

  1. Looks AMAZING! Enjoy your break❤️��

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete