Comparing Numbers

Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Awhile back we covered comparing numbers with greater than, less than. Here is a video of one of my students working on comparing 28 and 27.

I made mats for my students to practice this concept on.  I am really pleased with the on task behavior.  100%  y'all!  We worked on greater than one day and less than the next day.  I slide the mats into dry erase pockets and students use dry erase markers to work out the problem.  My class size is 22 and I have enough dry erase pockets for whole group and then extra at my small group table.  These have been worth every penny!!!

Here are some more pictures of my firsties working on this concept.





One of my students had some difficulty with drawing a quick picture and still needed to build the number with cubes and then draw her quick pictures so this is how I differentiated for her:




If you are interested in using these mats, you can grab them here.

Happy Teaching!


No comments