TEKS Resource System High Frequency Words

Monday, July 26, 2021

Are you a first grade teacher in Texas using the high frequency words from the TEKS resource system?  I have a FREE resource you might find useful.  I created Rapid Response Sheets for all the HFW in Units 1-10 for first grade.

You can grab the resource by clicking on the picture below.


If you've followed my blog, then you know I love to use Rapid Response Sheets to practice sight words.  I use them daily at my guided reading table as a warm up.  As students come to the guided reading table, they grab a sight word sheet and start reading.  

I couldn't find a picture with students actually reading them, but I did find a picture that had the response sheets on the table.  Some info. about this picture:  the students read the sight words as a warm up, then they read out of their decodable reader, then they wrote sentences with sight words/phonics skills we were working on for the week.


(FYI, before using the rapid response sheets, I would have already introduced the words on Monday on the smart board, mapping out each word.)

I hope you find the resource useful for you and your students.

Happy Teaching Friends!

No comments