Poetry ~ First Grade Style!

Monday, June 29, 2020
I wanted my students to write a poem with rhythm and they did not disappoint.
This activity was simple and we got it done in about 45 minutes from start to finish (including a little mini lesson on rhythm in poetry).
I provided a link at the end where you can grab this.

*For my Texas teaching friends:
  1st grade TEKS for this activity are 1.9B, 1.11A, 1.11B, 1.11E, 1.12A, 1.2F
(If you want to see what those TEKS are the click on the following link: Texas 1st Grade TEKS)


Here are a few of my first grader's poems with rhythm, repetition and onomatopoeia.





This last one is a little hard to read.  It says:
dirt bike on the road
dirt bike on the road
rrr    rrr
rrr   rrr
dirt bike on the road


If you would like to grab this to do with your class, click on the picture below.


Happy Teaching!



No comments